Joint Search - Ministry
Because we have experienced a change in pastoral relationship,
we are looking for a new minister.
We have completed the joint needs assessment process
and are now beginning our search.
St. Martin’s United Church, an affirming congregation, is seeking a full time minister in a multiple staff model. Each minister has specific accountabilities and are all expected to work together to plan activities to meet the spiritual needs of the congregation. The Minister III position will have primary duties of preaching and worship leadership, pastoral care, faith development, participation in Presbytery, Conference and the wider community, and in shared administration. The position is suitable for an ordered minister (ordained or diaconal) or a United Church of Canada Designated Lay Minister.
The person will have the following skills and competencies:
- Strong preaching and worship leadership;
- An ability to relate sermons to scriptures and congregants’ lives;
- Demonstrated strength in program design and leadership;
- Strong competencies in pastoral and spiritual care;
- An ability to relate to people of all ages, and be supportive of children and youth programing;
- A commitment to ongoing education;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong team player skills;
- Good computer literacy;
- A sense of humour;
- An ability to manage time effectively; and
- Professional and personal maturity.